Are you ready to stitch with me in 2021??
Join me for my 2021 Block of the Month and learn to stitch the beautiful craft of Chicken Scratch Embroidery. Each month, we will stitch a new chicken scratch embroidery pattern, block by block. When we are done, the blocks we've stitched will create a modern sampler quilt designed by me.
The vintage craft of chicken scratch embroidery is an endlessly customizable hand stitching method that is a joy to stitch. I tried this embroidery method years ago when I purchased a vintage chicken scratch quilt block at an antique sale. I was completely hooked from the first stitch. Its kind of a combination/mash up of cross stitch, embroidery and sashiko! The base cloth is always gingham, and the squares serve as the grid to stitch your chicken scratch design onto. From there, the patterns take shape in all kinds of beautiful and colorful ways!
Each month, you receive new PDF stitch/block pattern(s) for that month (a downloadable PDF), a video lesson from Blair, discussing technique and how to stitch the block. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other stitchers in our exclusive monthly Zoom calls, and our private BOM members-only FB community.
At the end of our program, you have a beautiful, modern Snowflake sampler quilt. And with it, a full library of chicken scratch stitch patterns, ready to use and customize for other projects.
Keep reading for all the program benefits and FAQ!
Here's What's Included
- Monthly delivery of PDF pattern(s) and stitch grid delivered into our private online classroom (see sample schedule below), for a total of 18 different stitch patterns.
- Video and written presentation of all new techniques as they are introduced, as well as opportunities to post questions in the class forum.
- Monthly Zoom meet ups with Blair and other BOM members. A chance to show off your work, ask questions, share tips, and geek out on all things chicken scratch with others in the program!
- Access to an optional private Facebook group only for BOM members.
- Enter monthly giveaways for chances to win all kinds of prizes!
- Bonus month 13- Information on finishing your quilt, sewing the blocks together, sandwiching the layers, ideas for quilting, and binding it all up.
Get started now!
December 18th- Our first class lesson will be released- a welcome packet and video message from Blair, printable PDF sheets of supply lists, fabric requirements, thread color and amount info, info on kit options, etc.
Block patterns and video tutorials released within our virtual classroom throughout 2021 on these dates. Zoom meet ups will be scheduled monthly.
Jan 31, 2021- Blocks 1a and 1b
Feb 28- Block 2
March 31- Block 3
April 30- Blocks 4a and 4b
May 31- Block 5
June 30- Block 6
July 30- Blocks 7a and 7b
August 31- Blocks 8a and 8b
Sept 30- Block 9
Oct 31- Blocks 10a and 10b
Nov 30- Blocks 11a and 11b
Dec 31- Block 12
And the bonus month in 2022
Jan 31- Quilt construction and finishing
Be sure to read all the FAQ below for more details.
Blair is a quilter, tool designer, and the author of 2 books. Her most recent book, Wise Craft Quilts: A Guide to Turning Beloved Fabrics info Meaningful Patchwork, guides the reader through quilt making using up cycled fabrics and special collections of textiles. She invented the Ruby Ruler®️ and the Ruby Minder™ back in 2017 to help quilters design beautiful quilts using their scraps by understanding how to understand and use color value. She lives in an adobe house outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico. You can find her online at wisecrafthandmade.com
Start1A-Welcome from Blair (1:49)
Start1B-About the class, connecting with us on social media!
Start1C- Supply lists and BOM Kits
Start1D- Let's Talk Fabric!
Start1E-Let's Talk Embroidery Threads! (Updated 2-28-21)
Start1F- Schedule of Block Releases and Zoom meet-ups
Start1G- The Full Quilt