Denim works with everything, and I love that this hard-working fabric just tends to get better with age.
Look, you've been saving denim. So have I. Its time to use it and turn it into something beautiful. Upcycled (or recycle) that denim clothing and learn to make one (or many) beautiful pillows for your home!
In this video class, you will learn
- My favorite system for cutting up a pair of denim jeans to make as much useable fabric as possible.
- Two easy different ways to cut the pieces, using either a template or a ruler. No need to purchase a fancy ruler.
- Proper machine set up for sewing denim- needle size, pressing, thread, etc.
- Handling bulk as you sew the herringbone pattern.
- Tips to handle stretchy denim.
- Creating a backing for your pillow.
- Bonus information to make a quilt using this method.
Blair is a quilter, tool designer, and the author of 2 books. Her most recent book, Wise Craft Quilts: A Guide to Turning Beloved Fabrics info Meaningful Patchwork, guides the reader through quilt making using up cycled fabrics and special collections of textiles. She has invented the Ruby Ruler™ and the Ruby Minder™ to help quilters use their scraps, understand color value, and create quilts that have a story to tell. She lives in Seattle, Washington and is online at wisecrafthandmade.com